Monday 5 September 2011

Car/caravan cake


A work colleague asked me to make a 70th birthday cake for her Husband. It is a 10 inch hexagonal fruit cake, covered in marzipan and icing. The car and caravan are both made using kellogs rice krispy squares, covered in royal and then regal icing. I used several pictures of their caravan (Bailey Senator Series 6 Wyoming) to help me to get the level of detail. I used a picture of her husband to help me get the clothes right (jacket, tie and hat). It certainly wasn't easy to make this cake - it took a lot of hours! But I enjoyed being able to put the little details on to personalise the cake - like making it their caravan and not just any caravan. Adding the little brown birds also added a personal touch as Edward enjoys carving birds from wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment