Tuesday 8 January 2013

My Chemical Romance

I made a 21st Birthday cake for someone who was a big My Chemical Romance fan. The only request from her mum was that it somehow had to relate to the group; It didn't even have to have her daughter's name, age or 'Happy Birthday' on it.

I decided to paint their logo on the front using edible paste and also to put her daughters name on the top using the style of writing found on their albums.

I had been informed that she liked their album 'The Black Parade' so decided to create some of their marching skeletons to place around the side of the cake. These were difficult to attach to the cake as they were heavy and also fragile where the icing acted as a strap for the hat.
Overall I was happy with the finished cake. I enjoyed being able to research a subject area in order to design the cake appropriately. The lady who ordered the cake rang me up especially to let me know how much her daughter liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment