Monday 1 April 2013

Spring Daffodil Cake

 For over a year now I have had a plan to make a cake with Daffodils. This style of cake isn't exactly appropriate in the middle of winter - so I've been waiting until spring to make it. (As Spring hasn't yet arrived I decided Easter was the next best thing!)




I baked a giant cupcake and covered it in buttercream and green regal icing. I then used three shades of green sugarflair paste to colour sugar paste and created thin strips for the 'stems'. The daffodils were made from more sugar paste and I used daffodil cutters to create the shape before frilling the edges with a ball tool and then using edible glue to stick them together
The daffodils were stuck on the cake using green royal icing, which was also used to create the 'grass' effect on the board. For extra detail I made little daisies and a ladybird.


I was very happy with this cake - and was very glad that I finally got to make it.


1 comment: