Thursday 8 May 2014

Nurse retirement cake


This cake was for a nurse who was retiring after working within the NHS since 1968. Her daughter came up with the design for this cake. The colour of the icing (mint green) reflects the colour of her uniform worn in the 80's, as does the forest green belt. The buckle was quite difficult and I actually went through many variations before arriving at this one, which may look simple but actually appeared more effective than the the ones that were more detailed.


I used my own fob watch to help with the design of this one (I'm a Physiotherapist when not making cakes). I used modelling paste and then dusted it with edible silver. The clock face was created using a pen with edible black ink.


On the front and back of the cake, the NHS logo was used. On both sides of the cake were the dates 1968 2014 with the belt in between.



No comments:

Post a Comment