Sunday 11 May 2014

Pink Bear Christening Cake


I have made this cake on a couple of occasions, however it was made in baby blue. This was the first time I have made it in baby pink, and I like the look.


The bears were made from fondant icing and were stuck together with edible glue. I then used small amounts of black modelling paste for the eyes and nose. The pillow was also made from modelling paste and I used a modelling tool to give it the 'ruffled' effect.


The blocks were made from fondant icing and trust me, it is surprisingly difficult to shape icing into blocks! I then used pink modelling paste to make the squares on the top and sides. All the letters were made from modelling paste rolled very thin - it's the only way to make the cutters work.


The cakes were 6" and 10" squares and I used a 14" board to give me enough room for the blocks to fit. I found it easier to place the top cake with there being a 4" difference in size. When I have made this design previously there was only a 2" difference, which doesn't give you much room for error.



No comments:

Post a Comment